The Reserve Funding Analyzer (RFA)
Reserve Study Software for DIY Reserve Studies
The Reserve Funding Analyzer – The Keystone for Effective DIY Reserve Studies
What is the RFA?
The Reserve Funding Analyzer – or RFA – is a powerful financial analysis tool expressly developed for HOAs using Microsoft Excel.
The application lets you create a full funding plan from simple data entry of your reserve components and current financial status.
The RFA is used as a critical element in performing Reserve Study:
- Suitable for any size organization.
- Continuous clarity and understanding of your HOA's or association's true financial condition.
- Perform a full reserve study or update an existing reserve study.
- Run scenarios or updates at your leisure without reliance on outside consultants.
- Develop full sensitivity analysis to visualize the immediate
effects of changes ... including the effects of both short-term and
long -term inflation, the effect of lengthening or shortening the
mainteance interval for reserve items and/or the effects of changes
Why is it better than other applications?
The key benefit of the Reserve Funding Analyzer (RFA) is the ability to provide the HOA or community association with affordable and
flexible means to fully analyze the reserve funding requirements and develop a comprehensive funding solution to assure that funds are
available when the reserve components require maintenance or replacement. It uses the same sophisticated financial analysis methods used by
capital funding consultants.
So, why the RFA over others?
- The RFA is the only reserve study software that includes annual income and operational expenses in the financial analysis.
Other software application exclude annual dues and operational expenses.
- One-time low cost. No annual subscription. Lifetime license and future updates at no additional cost.
- Excel-based application. Familiar interface.
- Reserve study reports created using Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
- Compliance with all national standards for reserve study reporting.
- Create unlimited scenarios to perform what-if analysis
- Stand-alone application does not require Internet connectivity.
Click on the thumbnail to view the larger screenshot image.
Reserve Funding Analyzer Gallery
What does it do?
Once you have entered the inventory of the reserve components and the HOA's financial data, the RFA will perform the financial analysis to
- Summary of the financial condition of the reserve fund.
- Generate 30-year projections of the reserve balance, contributions and expenses.
- Analyze potential impact of inflation, loans and special projects.
- Visualize if adequate funds will be available to cover each year's expenses – reserve expenses and operational expenses.
- Tabular listing of the reserve component inventory.
- And much more ...
Complete Reserve Study Report
When data entry is complete, a full reserve study report can be created from the RFA. The output from the RFA is in Microsoft Word
which allows you to perform full edits. You can also create the output to a PDF file.
Click to view Sample Report
The RFA is a stand-alone application. That is, it is not subscription based and does not rely on online entry of data or analysis.
The RFA is an Excel application that runs on your PC or Apple Mac with a
Windows partition (e.g., Boot Camp Assistant). The RFA is not
compatible with the Mac version of Excel.
All data entry is retained within the application which assures flexible portability
among any Windows PC.
Where can I get more information?
Everything you need is on this web site:
Reserve Funding Analyzer Features
No other reserve funding software has all the features of the Reserve Funding Analyzer (RFA).
- Improve budgeting and forecasting accuracy. Make better capital allocation decisions and prevent underfunding reserves.
- Microsoft Excel based application offers familiar interface.
- Extensive built-in ease-of-use programming.
- Full error checking capability.
- Logical data entry.
- Internet cloud not required for application, but cloud-based data storage is fully supported.
- Low one-time cost. No annual subscription.
- All future updates included at no additional cost.
- Automatic data migration from prior version.
- Multiple scenarios easily created and saved.
- Analyze both the operational and reserve funding expenses.
- Estimate and model the effect of taxes.
- Assess effect of special assessments and special projects.
- Assesses the risk of special assessments and/or deferred maintenance.
- Analyze potential impact of inflation and interest.
- Apply both long-term and short-term inflation
- You have control. Run analysis yourself without reliance on outside consultants.
- Provides ability to identify Structural Integrity (SI) components
so you can demonstrate that SI components are adequately funded.
- Creates annual reserve expense maintenance schedule.
- Generate 10, 15, 20 or 30 year expenditure projections.
- Assess effect of loans and loan payments on year-to-year balance.
- Real-time representation of effects of data entry changes. When you make a change to an assumption or data point, the effect is
- User can create notes and comments to document the analysis for future users.
- Full portability between computers.
- Creates a complete reserve study report in Microsoft Word format which allows for end-user customization.
- Create the reserve study report in PDF output using MS Word's export function.
- Multiple graphs and tables provide full depiction of financial status.
- Instant recognition of all annual expenses and availability of funds.
- Full disclosure of methodology and calculations.
- Full compliance with national reserve study standards.
- Full support through online user forum.
- Unlimited ability to create 'what-if' analysis without changing component attributes.
- Develop full understanding into your HOA's or association's true financial condition.
What is the cost and how do I get the RFA?
The RFA costs $375. You can purchase the RFA here.
All payments are processed by PayPal to ensure a secure checkout.
You can download a functional demo version of the RFA for evaluation. Some features have been disabled in this trial version, but you
can excersise all the options using the sample data that is provided.
Click here to go to the Free Trial page and download.
You need to have a Windows PC with Microsoft Excel installed to run this free trial version. To run on an Apple Mac, the Mac computer
should have the capability to boot to Windows. This will require the creation of Windows partitition using Boot Camp Assitant. And, you
must use MS Office for Windows not MS Office for Mac.